Are you looking for an easy recipe to make dog biscuits that are grain free and only need 3 ingredients?
All you need for this recipe is
- 1/2 sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 cups of oats
- Blitz the oats in a food processor to make flour
- Melt the coconut oil (don’t heat it too much, just melt it)
- Microwave the sweet potato until soft and remove the skin ( 5-10 mins)
- Add sweet potato filling & coconut oil to oat flour
- Blitz for 1 min
- Add water 1 tbsp at a time until smooth dough forms
- Knead and roll out to the depth of about 0.5 cms and cut out any shapes you want
- Cook at 180º for 20 mins, depending on how soft or crunchy you want them. They will harden up some when they cool.
You can make the biscuits however big or small you like, I used the end of a piping nozzle to make some smaller ‘drops’ for some of them. I also use these bone shaped cutters and for more personalisation use a cookie letter stamp kit for her name.
You can also double up the ingredients to make more, they make great gifts for the dog owners in your life.
These passed the Dakota taste test (to be fair, the only thing that doesn’t is lettuce!) but all her friends at doggy day care also enjoyed them.
If you want to see my top ten buys for your dog, see here